THE CITY OF REDMOND reserves the right to deny admission to vendors that do not comply with the guidelines below.
Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted or processed. Applications are processed in order received and by type of business.
Limits may be placed on the total number, and similar vendors. Booth sharing is strictly prohibited.
Booth Fee: $400 (10'x10')
Non-Profit Booth Fee: $125 (10'x10')
Corner Booth Fee: For preferred booth placement and additional marketing benefits, please see our sponsor brochure.
Fee includes: 10x10 tent, one table and two chairs. Previous booth locations are not guaranteed. All booth locations will be determined by festival staff, ensuring consideration of similar business types, space constraints, and power access. Location is non-negotiable. No discount provided for businesses wishing to provide their own tent.
Power Access Fee: $75 (Vendor must provide cords. Limited power booths available.)
- Complete and submit vendor application. DEADLINE: May 20
- Applications will be evaluated and juried
- Acceptance notifications emailed no later than May 25
- Payment and copy of Certificate of Insurance. DEADLINE: June 10
- Applications will be evaluated and juried. The Derby Days Committee is committed to providing a vendor area that is engaging, purposeful, and fun for people of all ages, and avoiding a commercialized or trade show vibe.
- Engagement – Each booth will provide an approved activity or game, one that attracts and engages with attendees.
- Theme – Effort to incorporate 2017 Derby Days theme “Team Redmond” into booth activity and décor.
- Other Criteria: Location of business (Redmond business vs. non Redmond business), balance of profit vs. non-profit booths, variety and uniqueness, submission date, experience and reputation, booth appearance, and past history and visibility. Juried decisions are final.
- Note: Past participation with other City of Redmond events does not guarantee acceptance. The Derby Days Committee reserves the right to refuse any application or withdraw acceptance, in which case fee will be refunded in full.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
- Booth sharing is strictly prohibited.
Booth structure and contents, including inventory, are the sole responsibility of the VENDOR. On-site security provided Friday, July 8,
8pm-7am. Please do not leave valuables in your booth area. THE CITY OF REDMOND does not assume responsibility for injury to
persons, loss or damage to any property of the VENDORS, including theft, accidents or acts of God.
Booth Equipment & Power Requirements
- Vendors must stay within the booth space, including side awnings, walkways, etc.
- Vendors who choose to provide their own tent must also provide means to weight the tent down, and will be subject to inspection for safety.
- Any proposed changes to the Application’s equipment and/or power information must be provided to Maggie Roe in writing by June 30.
Certificate of Insurance
The VENDOR shall procure and maintain for the duration of the Derby Days Festival (including set up and breakdown) insurance
against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property which may arise from or in connection with the performance of the
work hereunder by the VENDOR, their agents, representatives, employees or subcontractors. VENDOR’S maintenance of insurance
as required by the agreement shall not be construed to limit the liability of the VENDOR to the coverage provided by such insurance,
or otherwise limit the CITY OF REDMOND’s recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity. Any payment of deductible or
self-insured retention shall be the sole responsibility of the VENDOR. The VENDOR shall provide a Certificate of Insurance and
additional insured endorsement page(s) evidencing Commercial General Liability insurance written on an ISO occurrence basis form
CG 00 01 and shall cover liability arising from premises, operations, property damage, independent contractors and personal injury and
advertising injury, with limits no less than $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
THE CITY OF REDMOND, its officers, volunteers and agents shall be named as an additional insured on the insurance policy, as
respects actions performed by or on behalf of the VENDOR and a copy of the endorsement naming the CITY OF REDMOND as
additional insured shall be attached to the original Certificate of Insurance and provided to Nicole Wiebe no later than Friday, June 10, 2016. The CITY OF REDMOND reserves the right to request certified copies of any required insurance policies. The VENDOR’S
insurance shall contain a clause stating that coverage shall apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is
brought, except with respects to the limits of the insurer’s liability. The VENDOR’S insurance shall be primary insurance with respect
to the CITY OF REDMOND and both shall be given thirty (30) days prior written notice of any cancellation, suspension or material
change in coverage.
Non-compliance may result in denial of participation in future events.
Health and Fire
- Vendor must have appropriate King County Department of Public Health permits and complete all documentation for pre-approval
as required by City of Redmond Fire Department.
- Vendor is responsible for a clean booth area, free of debris, for providing a trash can for inside the booth and for disposing of all
garbage and recyclables as directed by the Festival. If booth area is not left clean at the end of the Festival, vendor may be charged
a $50 booth clean-up fee. All grease must be disposed of in marked containers provided by the festival. Grease disposed anywhere
on the festival site, outside of marked containers, may result in a $100 fee and denial of entry into any future festivals.
- Copy of Certificate of Insurance
- A compostable food waste cart will be provided.
Hours of Operation
- Festival hours for vendors are from 10am-5pm on Saturday, July 8.
Check-in / Set-up & Breakdown
Please check-in at the Information Booth upon arrival for site assignments,
set-up instructions, and questions during the event.
Set-up Dates & Times:
- Friday, July 7, 4-8pm (*Cars allowed to access)
- Saturday, July 8, 8:30-10am (*Cars NOT allowed to access)
Vehicle access during designated load-in and load-out times ONLY. Any transportation
outside of designated times must be done by foot.
Vendor Booths may begin breakdown at 5pm on Saturday, July 8 and may not bring vehicles onto festival grounds until the CITY
OF REDMOND Police Department has declared the site safe for vehicle access immediately following the fireworks at 10pm. No
early departures. Early departure may result in 2018 application rejection. No storage is available before or after the festival. All
booths, vehicles and vendor debris must be removed from the Festival grounds by 12:30am, Sunday, July 9.
Restriction violations may result in immediate removal from the festival site as well as denial of entry into future festivals.
- Staking of tents, pole banners, signage, or other equipment is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages, amplified music or speaking, and televisions are not allowed on festival grounds without prior
written approval from Festival.
- The Festival reserves the right to restrict any activities that interfere with public access and/or Festival programming.
- Vendors may not advertise outside of their booth space including use of rovers, flyers and sandwich boards.
- Vendors must provide their own signage.
- Signs must look professional.
- Handwritten signs are not allowed.
INDEMNITY AND WAIVER
The APPLICANT shall indemnify and hold the CITY OF REDMOND and its agents, employees and/or officers, harmless from and
shall process and defend at its own expense any and all claims, demands, suits, at law or equity, actions, penalties, loss, damages, or
costs, of whatsoever kind or nature, brought against the CITY OF REDMOND arising out of, or in connection with, or incident to,
the execution of this Agreement and/or APPLICANT’S performance or failure to perform any aspect of this Agreement; provided,
however, that if such claims are caused by, or result from, the concurrent negligence of the CITY OF REDMOND, its agents,
employees, and/or officers, this indemnity provisions shall be valid and enforceable only to the extent of the negligence of the
APPLICANT; and provided further, that nothing herein shall require the APPLICANT to hold harmless or defend the CITY OF
REDMOND, its agents, employees, and/or officers for damages or loss caused by the CITY OF REDMOND’S sole negligence.
The APPLICANT expressly agrees that the indemnification provided herein constitutes the contractor’s waiver of immunity under
Title 51 R.C.W., for the purposes of this Agreement. This waiver has been mutually negotiated by the parties. The provisions of this
section shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.